COVID-19 Office Safety Guidelines
We hope that you and your family are in good health during these unprecedented times. Our community has been through a lot in recent years. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same, which is our commitment to the safety of our patients and staff.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during previous visits to our office. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows the most current infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. Our office staff is trained and certified on a yearly basis to ensure compliance with OSHA standards.
We are taking the following precautions to help protect our patients and staff during this pandemic:
- All patients and visitors are asked to wear a mask that covers the mouth and nose while in our office. Although the mask mandate was recently lifted for Los Angeles County, masks are required for all individuals regardless of vaccination status in healthcare settings.
- We have hand sanitizer in the reception area that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some throughout the office for you to use as needed.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients and reducing the number of patients in the reception area and office at any one time, as well as sanitizing the rooms and office between patients. We will do our best to accommodate your scheduling needs. Unfortunately, this may mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We have installed sneeze guards in the front reception area of the office.
- We have installed air purifiers with medical grade HEPA 13 filters in each patient treatment room and other areas of the office that are designed to increase air flow and remove aerosols, which include virus carriers.
- We request that patients practice socially distancing by maintaining at least 6 feet of space when possible while in the office.
- We request that adult patients visit the office alone.
- We request that minors be accompanied by no more than one parent or legal guardian, and no siblings.
- For elderly or other patients who require assistance, we request that you limit the number of people accompanying the patient to no more than one person, unless otherwise discussed prior to the patient’s visit.
- For patients undergoing sedation and who require an escort, we will ask that escorts provide their phone numbers and then remain in their car. We will contact the escort as soon as the patient is ready for discharge.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any additional questions you may have about the steps we take to keep everyone who enters our office safe during these times. If you have additional questions, please contact our office by calling 310-372-7575 or emailing us at [email protected] We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to caring for your oral surgical needs.
Dr. Ying and Staff